Фотоальбом ЧУДЕСА ПРИМОРЬЯ
Берег за поворотом (стр. 56-63)
Песчаный пляж бухты Шепалова
Sandy Bay beach Shepalov
The shore behind the corner
The Povorotny («Turning») Cape is the eastern inward cape of the Pyotr Veliky Bay (the Bay of Peter the Great); it is the southern extremity of the peninsula east of the Nakhodka Bay; it separates the Southern Primorye from the eastern seacoast. At the cape, the general direction of the Sea of Japan coast changes from east-south-east to north-east. Hence its name. A Military Post was organized in 1870 on the cape, which consisted of a pole with a lantern and a small custodian’s house. In 1892, a lighthouse was built there - a 9-meter stone tower. In 1950s the lighthouse was replaced by a new one - made of reinforced concrete. It is still operating.
Between the capes Povorotny and Granitny («Granitic») the Shepalov Bay is situated. Half of the bay’s shore is pebble stone, the other one is sand. The water is ideally clean, it seems blue, like at the world’s best beaches!
The Triozyorye («Three Lakes») Bay is also one of the most popular places of the Primorye. Water in the three lakes after which the bay was named and that are separated from the bay by a narrow spit is much warmer than the sea water. In the waters of the bay there is a vast variety of marine flora and fauna. The slopes of the mountains surrounding the bay are covered by a thick deciduous forest rich in mushrooms. A mainland object - a mountain called Pamyatnik («Monument»), or Chyortov Palets («Devil’s Finger») - is situated 1.3 kilometer to the north of the Spokoinaya («Quiet») Bay. The top of the mountain presents a stone column 35 meters high, surrounded by other figures of weathering. There is a huge stone on the rock ledge not far from the peak, held by some miracle on the sloping surface. There is also an amazing view on the sea from there.
Вид на бухту Шепалова
View of the Bay Shepalov
Каменные причуды. На пути к Чертову Пальцу
Stone quirks. On the way to the Rock Chyortov Palets
Rock Chyortov Palets